The cupcakes were AMAZING. However, being severely allergic to milk, I decided to play around with the frosting.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/3 cups loosely packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 6 ounces cooked, mashed sweet potato
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups marshmallow fluff
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons milk, if needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a cupcake tin with liners.
- In a small bowl, mix melted butter, sugar and graham cracker crumbs until moist, then press about 1/2-1 tablespoon of crumbs into the bottom of each liner.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg and sugar together until combined and no lumps remain.
- Add in vanilla extract and butter, then whisk in sweet potato.
- Add in flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg, then add in milk and stir until combined and smooth.
- Drop about 1/4 cup of batter on top of each graham cracker crust.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until cupcakes are set and spring back at the touch.
- Let cool completely before frosting.
- To make frosting: beat butter in the bowl of electric mixer until creamy.
- Add in fluff and beat for 2-3 minutes, then add in vanilla extract.
- With the mixer on low speed, add in powdered sugar 1 cup at a time until fully incorporated. Once all the sugar has been added, beat on medium-high speed for 2-3 minutes.
- If mixture if too runny, add a bit more sugar. If it’s too thick, add a bit of milk one teaspoon at a time. Frost cupcakes and drizzle with caramel sauce and crushed cinnamon pecans.
Sweet Potato Pie Cupcakes
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps