Its FANTASTIC Lime Pudding cake!!!
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup superfine sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup reduced fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Butter and lightly sugar 4 ramekins (approximately 6-ounce size). In a mixer, combine yolks, buttermilk, lime juice and lime zest and beat until well combined.
- Reduce the speed to low and slowly add sifted flour, sugar and salt until just combined.
- Beat egg whites with a whisk attachment until you get stiff peaks then combine the two mixtures by gently folding them together, a little at a time.
- Divide evenly amongst ramekins then bake in a water bath – set ramekins in a roasting tray and fill with water halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake in the oven for 60 minutes until the top springs back when gently pressed and the cakes have a nice light golden color. Allow to cool slightly, then carefully invert onto a plate.
Baked Lime Pudding Cake
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps