I like this over-the-top combo of chocolate cookies, cheesecake, and Snickers.
- 1 1/4 cups finely crushed shortbread cookies (about 25 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 caramel and nougat-filled chocolate candy bars (2.05 oz each), unwrapped, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
Sauce and Garnish:
- 1 caramel and nougat-filled chocolate candy bar (2.05 oz), unwrapped, chopped
- 4 to 5 teaspoons milk
- Whipped cream, if desired
- 1 caramel and nougat-filled chocolate candy bar (2.05 oz), unwrapped, chopped, if desired
- Heat oven to 325°F. Line 9- or 8-inch round cake pan with foil.
- In medium bowl, mix crushed cookies and butter; press firmly in bottom of pan. Bake 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl with electric mixer, beat cream cheese on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon of the sugar; place in small bowl.
- Gradually beat remaining sugar and the whipping cream into cream cheese.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In reserved sugar, toss 2 chopped candy bars until coated.
- Remove partially baked crust from oven. Sprinkle sugar-coated candy bar pieces over crust; press in lightly.
- Pour cream cheese mixture evenly over candy.
- Return to oven; bake 40 to 50 minutes or until edges are set and center is almost set but jiggles slightly.
- Cool on wire rack 1 hour. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
- Just before serving, in small microwavable bowl, microwave 1 chopped candy bar and enough milk on High 20 to 40 seconds, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted, smooth and drizzling consistency.
- Use foil to lift cheesecake from pan. Remove foil; place cheesecake on serving plate. Cut into wedges; place on individual plates. Drizzle 1 teaspoon melted candy topping over each serving.
- Top with whipped cream and chopped candy. Store in refrigerator.
Candy Bar Cheesecake
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps