This recipe is prepared with the Lock & Lock 3-Piece Color Bowl Set
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped hazelnuts
- 2-1/3 cups quick oatmeal
- 1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Line baking sheets with waxed or parchment paper.
- Place the oats and chopped toasted hazelnuts in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the condensed milk and chocolate chips in a saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the chocolate hazelnut spread and vanilla, and stir until completely incorporated.
- Add the oats and chopped hazelnuts to the chocolate mixture and mix until the oats are fully coated with chocolate.
- Drop the mixture (2 Tbsp for each cookie) onto the lined baking sheets.
- Let the cookies set until cooled and hardened.
- While these cookies are certainly sweet (travel-friendly) treats, they do offer some nutritional benefits thanks to all those oats and the hazelnuts.
- Before the kids go off fishing, kayaking, or hiking, have them eat a few cookies. They’ll be happy to!
- My only word of caution is watch how you pack these. Instead of piling them up in a big container like your average cookie, you’ll need to arrange these cookies in layers. In fact, I never take the cookies off the parchment paper (where you place them to set).
- I layer the cookies (on the paper) on top of each other, and that prevents them from sticking to one another…which is bound to happen in the summer!
Chocolate Hazelnut No-Bake Cookies
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps