These creamy, nutmeg-spiked dessert bars are guaranteed to be a party favorite. Using a sugar cookie mix makes them quick and simple to prepare.
- 1 17 1/2 ounce package sugar cookie mix
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1 tablespoon rum or 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup whipping cream (optional)
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar (optional)
- Macadamia nuts, chopped (optional)
- Freshly grated nutmeg or ground nutmeg (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over the pan edges. Lightly grease foil.
- Set pan aside. For crust, in a large bowl, stir together cookie mix and flour.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in 1/2 chopped macadamia nuts.
- Press crumb mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- For filling, in a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk, eggnog, rum, vanilla, and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg until well combined.
- Carefully pour the filling over the hot crust.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes more or until set. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 1 hour. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour or until completely cool.
- Using the foil, lift the uncut bars out of the pan; pull foil from bar edges. Cut into bars.
- If desired, in a medium bowl, combine whipping cream and powdered sugar.
- Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl).
- If desired, serve bars topped with whipped cream mixture sprinkled with chopped macadamia nuts and additional nutmeg. Makes 36 bars.
Creamy Eggnog Bars
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps