Elvis Presley's favorite pound cake starts in a cold oven which is then turned to 350 to bake. It does not start in a pre-heated oven like everyday poundcake.
- 16 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened, plus more for pans
- 3 cups cake flour, sifted, plus more for pans
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt
- 7 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour two 9"x 5"x 2" loaf pans; set aside.
- Beat butter, sugar, vanilla, and salt in a bowl on medium-high speed of a hand mixer until pale and fluffy, about 6 minutes.
- Add eggs one at time, beating well after each, until smooth.
- Add flour and cream alternately, beginning and ending with flour, beating until smooth. Increase speed to high; beat batter until smooth and light, about 5 minutes.
- Divide batter between prepared pans, and smooth tops with a rubber spatula; bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with a couple crumbs adhering to it, about 1 hour, 15 minutes.
- Let cool 30 minutes, and then unmold onto a cooling rack; let cool completely before slicing and serving.
Elvis Presley's Pound Cake
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps