Awesome! I made it exactly as written except that I didn't have shallots.
- 1 poundshrimp; large, peeled, deveined and tails left on
- 3 tablespoonsolive oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper; very finely chopped
- 2 clovesgarlic; very finely chopped
- lime zest; of one lime
- Coarse salt
- pepper; freshly ground
- 1 cupOrange juice
- 1/4 cuptequila
- 1 shallot; finely chopped
- 1 tablespoonUnsalted butter
- 1 tablespoonchives; fresh, chopped
- In a medium bowl, mix oil, half the jalapeno, half the garlic and lime zest; season with salt and pepper.
- Fold in shrimp. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes up to 1 hour.
- In a shallow saucepan, comine remaining jalapeno and garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, orange juice, tequila and shallots; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cook until mixture is thick and syrupy, 7 to 8 minutes. Stir in butter; keep warm.
- Heat a gas grill on high or stove-top grill pan over high heat.
- Grill shrimp, turning once, until just opaque, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter; pour tequila sauce over shrimp. Garnish with chives; serve immediately with lime wedges.
Tequila-Orange Grilled Shrimp
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps