This is simple to make for gathering, my Bos love my tiramisu puddings
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1 1/4 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee crystals
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 cups torn white bread slices (about 12 slices)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 recipe Cream Cheese Topper (recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In large bowl stir together milk, whipping cream, and coffee crystals until coffee is dissolved.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon milk mixture; set aside.
- Stir eggs, the sugars, and vanilla into milk mixture. Stir in bread pieces until moistened. Evenly divide among eight ungreased 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups, filling each almost full.
- Place on a 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake 30 minutes or until puffed, set, and a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Transfer to wire rack (puddings will fall slightly as they cool).
- In small bowl combine powdered sugar and reserved 1 tablespoon milk mixture; stir until smooth. Drizzle over bread pudding.
- Dollop with Cream Cheese Topper. Makes 8 servings.
Cream Cheese Topper
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- In medium mixing bowl beat whipping cream, cream cheese, and powdered sugar on medium until soft peaks form. Makes about 1-1/2 cups.
Tiramisu Bread Puddings
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps