We're trying to eat out less and one of my kids' favorite things to eat is taco pizza from our local pizza place. They had so much fun making it themselves (with help from mom and dad of course!) They even said it tasted better!
- 1 poundlean ground beef
- 3/4 cupwater
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chilie peppers, drained
- 1/2 1 1/2 ounce envelope (about 2 tablespoons) taco seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoonchili powder
- 1 tablespooncornmeal
- 1 10 ounce package refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 15 ounce can pinto beans with jalapeno peppers, rinsed and drained
- 1 cupshredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese (4 ounces
- 1 cupshredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cupthinly sliced green onions (4)
- Bottled taco sauce (optional)
- In a large skillet cook ground beef until brown. Drain off fat.
- Stir in the water, chile peppers, taco seasoning mix, and chili powder.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 15 to 20 minutes or until most of the liquid is gone.
- Meanwhile, grease a baking sheet and sprinkle with the cornmeal.
- Pat pizza dough into a 12x8-inch rectangle on the baking sheet. Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl mash pinto beans with a fork. Spread beans over partially baked dough to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- Spoon meat mixture over beans. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes more or until crust is just golden. Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake 1 to 2 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Top with lettuce, tomato, and green onions. If desired, serve with taco sauce. Makes 6 servings.
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps