I’d love to bite into one of these right now! I bet they would be delicious with my morning coffee. :) And you make them sound so easy to make!
Chocolate Covered CherriesIngredients :
- 1 jar maraschino cherries
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter (room temperature)
- 4 teaspoons of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 16 ounces of melting chocolate
- Drain the juice from the cherries and set the cherries on a paper towel and blot them as dry as you can. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix the powdered sugar and the butter together. The mixture will seem slightly dry. Add in the milk and vanilla extract. Stir to combine. The mixture will be slightly sticky.
- Set up a bowl with a small amount of powdered sugar to the side.
- Take a small amount of the sugar mixture and flatten it out into a disc shape, slightly larger than a quarter coin. Take one of the cherries and place it in the center of the disc and mold the sugar mixture around the cherry, sprinkle a little bit of the extra powdered sugar on, which will make it less sticky, and roll into a nice round ball with your hands. Set onto a cookie sheet that is lined with wax paper.
- Repeat this with all the cherries. Once completed place the cookie sheet with the cherries into the refrigerator. Allow them to cool for at least 30 minutes, no more than 2-3 hours.
- Melt the chocolate according to instructions. Remove the sugar coated cherries from the fridge and one by one dip them into the chocolate. I found the best method is to dip them in with a fork and then tap the bottom of the fork on the side of the container to shake the excess chocolate off. Place the chocolate covered cherry back onto the cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Repeat this with all the cherries.
- Once finished, place the cookie sheet back in the fridge and allow the chocolate to cool and set. At least 30 minutes. Keep chilled in a sealed container and enjoy!
Chocolate Covered Cherries
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps