These yummy squares are so appropriate for Christmas because you will sing with the angels when you try them :D ,, Not only is this dessert a hit everytime, but it's incredibly easy to make! This is a simple recipe that you will love to make and everybody will LOVE to eat! Please try this Gooey Butter Cake next time to satisfy your sweet tooth. Enjoy your holiday baking!
Chocolate Chip (Ooey) Gooey Butter CakeIngredients:
- 1 box butter-recipe cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 8 oz. pkg cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 16 oz. box powdered sugar
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 c. chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Light grease a 9x13 in. baking pan.
- In a bowl, combine cake mix, egg, and butter with an electric mixer. Mix well.
- Pat into the bottom of prepared pan and set aside.
- Still using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth; add eggs and vanilla.
- Dump powdered sugar and beat very well.
- Reduce the speed of mixer and slowly pour in melted butter. Mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips. Pour filling onto cake mixture and spread evenly.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes (it took me closer to 50 minutes).
- You want to center to be a little gooey, so don't bake it past that point! Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- If you want to drizzle melted chocolate over the top allow it to cool for at least 15 minutes and then drizzle over.
- Allow to cool for at least another hour and then cut into bars.
Chocolate Chip (Ooey) Gooey Butter Cake
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps