Had his for dinner tonight. All kids loved it! I have made gyudon many times before but your version really was the best. Truly! I did the egg as a semi set omelet kind of thing on the top of the beef – kids are not so keen on runny yolks.
Going skiing next week and I am thinking this will be the perfect simple dinner to whip up after a day outside in the cold!
- Neutral oil, such as vegetable or canola oil
- 2 medium onions, very thinly sliced
- 1 lb very thinly sliced beef (fatty beef chuck or ribeye)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup dashi stock (can also substitute beef or chicken stock)
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups cooked short-grain or medium-grain white rice
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds (optional)
Click Here For Direction >>>> GYUDON (JAPANESE BEEF & RICE BOWLS)
GYUDON (JAPANESE BEEF & RICE BOWLS)
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps